Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day of Excitement

I love to watch the students on the first day of school. Some so sure of themselves and others very shell shocked. I stood watching the as they walked in the front door, the excitement was overwhelming. The upper class men swayed in knowing finally it was their turn to be the big dogs on campus. The 7th grade had a clam look on their faces, they were not sure if they should be happy to see their teachers and hug them for fear of blowing their cover of being "cool". The 6th grade, well what can I say about them, looked like little lost sheep with no sheep dog to guide them. All in all a pretty good day. Day one of sanity we will see what tomorrow holds.

1 comment:

melonie'snewglifeblog said...

My 8th grade daughters left for their first day of school today and I swear you could see the "I am top dog" attitude on both their faces. It is funny no matter what school or what year the reactions are the same.