Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Internet

I live in an area thats rural in nature but by no means out in the country. I have been trying to get internet at my house for 2 months now. My neighbor has internet but for some reason they company cannot find me??? I have a phone line with this company but for some unexplained reason they can not connect me with the internet. I have been told it will be another 2 weeks before they can help me. I am so confussed. I have told my students to stay connected, work on their wiki and blogs from home but I am unable to be connected. It always sees to be something.

2 comments:

Mrs. Barker said...

Lisa,
I feel for you. Sometimes these companies work in mysterious ways. Especially, in rural areas, where you don't have many options, they feel like they can do whatever they need. I have been lucky to have high speed internet at home, but it the bundle comes with the phone, so now I am looking for way to get rid of my landline as I am not using it, but still have to pay so much a month to be able to keep my internet. Hang in there. We'll hope it will settle down soon.

melonie'snewglifeblog said...

Lisa,

Are you dealing with Comcast? I only ask because they called trying to sell me the triple play which includes internet, phone, and cable. I politely explained I already had their triple play service and they said I was mistaken. I then gave them my account number and they still did not agree service was at my house (which is the billing address). I agreed I must be mistaken, hung up, and now just pay my bill and ignore any calls from Comcast. I wish you luck.